Corinda is situated about half a kilometre away from the old Campbell Street Court and Gaol. The land was originally part of the convict-run vegetable garden, and the garden wall dates from this period. A cottage was built on the site in the 1850's, this became the servants quarters of the main building when it was built in 1880. Alfred Crisp, the builder, was a wealthy timber merchant and son of a convict. He later became Lord Mayor of Hobart. After Alfred died, his daughter lived on in the house until about 1930. The property then became a boarding house before reverting to a private residence in 1980. Corinda's historic outbuildings, the gardener's residence, the servants quarters and coach-house are now delightful self-contained cottages.
Furnished with period antiques and bric-a-brac
Fully equipped private kitchen/laundry/bathroom in each cottage
Generous breakfast ingredients supplied
Wood fires, TV, DVD etc.
TAS 7000 Hobart