Antwerp Pride is a festival with a gay cultural character. It takes place annually since 2008 in the second weekend of August in Antwerp and attracts tens of thousands of visitors.
The aims of the association are:
- To present Antwerp as a gay-friendly city on a local, regional, national and international level and to attract as many gay visitors and supporters as possible to Antwerp.
- To organise the Antwerp Pride event.
- To manage communication for the Antwerp Pride event and to assemble initiatives that are organised, by third party commercial as well as non-commercial actors, under the same name.
- To be a contact point and channel of communication for initiatives involving Antwerp in addition to existing LGBTQ (Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgender) organisations.
- To establish sustainable links with actors in the City of Antwerp who work for LGBT organisations. One particular priority for the nonprofit organisation is to build bridges between commercial and non-commercial, public and non-public actors.