IGLYO’s vision is a world where we, young people in all our diversity, are able to express and define our own sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions, and are able to participate fully in all aspects of life, rise to our full potential, and enjoy respect and positive recognition.
Run by us, young people, and for young people, IGLYO is an international membership-based umbrella organisation that aims to empower its Members in better representation of LGBTQ youth and student issues. This includes being the voice of our Members to international bodies, institutions, organisations and promoting co-operation and joint strategies.
We promote and respect:
- Human Rights
- The active participation of youth
- Individual freedoms and liberties
- Impartiality and independence
- Just and balanced representation
We combat and advocate against:
- Homo-, lesbo-, bi-, trans- and queerphobia
- Heteronormativity and Heterosexism
- All forms of exclusion, discrimination and persecution
While we work across a number of different thematic areas, identifying the priority areas enables us to focus our work and resources strategically. This focus is determined by IGLYO’s Members.
IGLYO’s core focuses are:
- Social Inclusion